A large group will be taking on Kobus Bresler’s 9Peaks Challenge next week. Team Zodwa – and friends – are aiming to complete the Challenge between 25 and 30 April 2014.
- Sane Nkabine (28), General Manager of Dee Dee Enterprises a Johannesburg based Construction company
- Radio personality and adventure enthusiast, Pamela Buckle (32)
- Team Zodwa Founders, Kim Williams (48) and Irene Rugheimer (58), a fire fighter and a retired paramedic respectively.
They’re in good company with:
- Mountaineer Sean Disney of Adventure Dynamics – he has summited the 7 highest peaks in the world including Mt. Everest, twice.
- Kobus Bresler – he established the 9 Peaks Challenge when he completed it solo and unsupported in just over eight days.
- 15-year old, Randpark Ridge High School learner Jordan Williams
Meals on Wheels is their fundraising beneficiary.
“I have a passion for the outdoors and it’s always been my dream to take part in the 9 Peaks Challenge,” says Disney.
“So when I heard about this opportunity I immediately got on board. Not only will this be an exciting way to travel and see our beautiful country but knowing that we are making a difference makes in all worthwhile.”
The 9Peaks Challenge GROUP record is held by George Louw and Daniel Barnard. They summited all nine peaks in four days, 18 hours and 38 minutes.
Kobus and Daniel recently established the ‘rules’ governing this challenge. You can read them here, on this FEAT website.
This challenge is supported by numerous partners, including FEAT sponsor PowerTraveller.